Saturday, July 4, 2015

Feels Like Freedom?


Okay, not so much anymore, thanks to SCOTUS. But at least I can tell my granddaughter what freedom used to be like, and pray that America will be free again, someday.


I am thankful I got to experience Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of Happiness.


I'm also thankful I live in the Boondocks.

Now, this don't mean I give up fightin' for our liberties, far from it. I'll keep praying and fightin' for it until I die.
And with that, may you all have a Happy July 4th!

6 comments:

julie said...

Happy 4th to you, too, Ben! I hope you have a great day :)

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Thanks Julie!
I hopw yours is good as well.

John Lien said...

Yeah, once you go country you can never go back.

mushroom said...

That Little Big Town song was one of Vickie's favorites. Thanks, Ben. I hope you had a fun weekend.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Ha ha! That's true, John.
Patti was a city girl before we moved out here, but it didn't take her to love the country more. :)

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Vickie had good ears for music.Little Big Town are very talented.
Aye, Dwaine, I ate a lot of BBQ, LOL.