Monday, January 26, 2009

Hard Labor

As y'all know, my blog "disappeared" several weeks ago. Just in time for my second blogoversary.

Well, still ain't heard nothin' from the Google geeks, so it looks like I gotta replace my missing blog manually. Hard labor and all that stuff. At least I'm not in England, where labor has an extra u. Yeah that's me, always lookin' for the silver lining.
Skully looks for the gold and platinum (basically anything of value) linings.
Me? I'm happy with silver. It keeps me in grog, most the time, and really, what else do I need?

So, anyhow...I'll probably just concentrate on the good ones. I'm not gonna start out hot n' heavy though, since I'm in the middle of a story that you, my dozen or so loyal fans (the Real Dirty Dozen that's really not dirty)(better yet, the change gang, ha ha!), have demanded. Afterall, I do have a heart. Honest! :^)

6 comments:

walt said...

Click
Scroll
*Copy*
Click
Scroll
*Paste*

Repeat as necessary.

And, remember:

"Rome wasn't built in a day."

"Hard work never hurt anyone if they didn't do it."

No, wait! Just ignore the previous one. That one is (ahem!) "personal," and not for public consumption.

But you get the "idea," I'm sure. The life of a writer is not all peaches and cream and steamy parts. No! There are times of heavy-lifting!

Such is now.

Retrieve thy childrens, Cap'n! And, Godspeed!

JWM said...

You aren't kidding about the hard labor part there, Ben. This blogging stuff is work. I just spent over two hours getting today's post up, and I had the text all written, and the photos all ready in a folder just for the post. And another thing. Time I hit the "publish" button I was so wound up my hands were shaking, my head was aching, and I felt like I was walking on stage at Carnegie Hall, or something. I'm guessing it's about the same for you when you put up a new KFN installation. I hadn't counted on this part, and there's still a shitload of stuff to do to get ready for the rest of the series.
This is fun, right?
This is fun? Right.

JWM

robinstarfish said...

Right jwm, this is fun. Keep repeating that until it's a habit. ;-)

Cap'n, go here and download the "Blogger Backup" utility, install it, coonfigure it the way you like and run it periodically as you rebuild your blog. Hopefully you'll never have to use it, but if you lose your blog again, you can get it back up in minutes.

Yer friendly Help! desk...

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Ha ha! Thanks, Walt.
The place I used to go to to copy my blog is no longer in service.

WTH? Gee, thanks for tellin' me guys. Now I gotta go into Word Office or somethin' like that, once I recall how, and cut n' paste.

There's also those cache's scattered around the innernet, too.
A bit of google-fu might be easier.
Not that I remember all the titles I used. Hmmm.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

It's fun, John, but it is difficult sometimes which ain't fun. If you type (ha ha ha! More like peck!) like me it can take a long time.

The best advice I can give is: make sure to copy your post before hittin' publish. That will save a bunch of heartache if it don't take. :^)

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Keep repeatin' what, Dojo, that it's fun or bloggin'? :^)

Thanks Bro! Okay, I registered...now what do I do? Pretend I'm really dense...:^)