Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Laurel And Hearty Post

http://www.youtube.com/v/9Ur7xWMSQh8?autohide=1&version=3&showinfo=1&attribution_tag=-NiNQXMe6509_AsBJI29XQ&autoplay=1&autohide=1&feature=share

Hiya guys. In order to spice things up a notch, Patti's heart decided to mess with her a few days ago with some persistent chest pain.

Naturally, I took Patti to the closest ER, and it didn't take long for the doc to determine she might need a stent in one area on the dark side of her heart. I'm not certain precisely where that is since the doc didn't actually say "the dark side of her heart" (that was me, to make it more mellow dramatic).

Of course that meant more follow up tests and a transfer to St. Peter's hospital in Olympia the following day (yesterday, as of today).
Anyways, the heart doc went in through Patti's leg vein (she's so vein...you know the song...) and did the stents thingy (wonder if it's named after the guy who invented the stentson hat?).
As of today it looks like everything is cheerio, and she might get to come home this afternoon or evening.
So that's a relief.

8 comments:

julie said...

That's a big relief. I hope and pray she recovers quickly! And you too :)

John Lien said...

That's good news.

Don't want to trivialize what Patti went through but it amazes me how such a critical procedure can be so common and with such quick recovery times.

Keeping you guys in my prayers.

mushroom said...

That's scary. Give Patti our best. Both she and you are in our prayers.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Thanks Julie! I"'m very thankful.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Hi John, it is amazing how routine this procedure is. And it's non-invasive, pretty much.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Thanks mushroom. It is scary. I drove Patti myself to get there quicker, but in retrospect I should've called an ambulance so I could do CPR if needed.

robinstarfish said...

My heart to Patti's heart at 72 bpm.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Thank you, DoJo! So good to see ya,:)