Friday, October 19, 2012

Google Nostra With UPDATE!

Nice blog...be a shame if something were to happen to it."

So here I was, yesterday, suddenly, and without warning, blogless.
Yep, my blog was gone.
So was my gmail.

Every time I tried to access either acct., I couldn't continue unless I gave Google my phone number, in order to get a "verification code."

Of course, I didn't wanna give the Googlefather my phone number but I had no choice...if I wanted to see my blog again.
The bloody blog head someone put next to me while I was sleeping was the only warning I got.

I understand the Google mob (Gob?) wanting to have a method to verify I am who I say I am. Afterall, it's for my protection, see. Yeah, yeah.

Then what's the freakin' point of a password?

Surely Google would never use my number for their own gain. They said they wouldn't. And we all know we can trust Google. Right? They have never lied or used personal info from their customers (and non-customers) for their own gain. Right?

The Google mob has ties to leftists and they support leftist causes because they profit from it. However, I would be just as concerned if Google was sympathetic to conservative causes.
There simply is no reason they need my phone number for my own good.

Hey, if folks wanna voluntarily give it up to Google I wouldn't have a problem, but Google doesn't give that option.
Well, technically speaking I could say no, but if I do my blog will end up in the East River, sleepin' with the fishes.

Anyhow, I finally gave my number to them and miraculously, I now have my blog back.
I'm so relieved Google cares so much about my welfare.
I'm sure it's nothin' personal. Just business.

"Trust me."

This actually makes sense (in this context).

UPDATE! Let this be a warning shot across the bow to you, Google. I have friends in high places. Google Shares Take A Dive"


5 comments:

John Lien said...

Whew! Had me worried there. I was all ready so sit down, read your previous post and POOF!

julie said...

Those bastards - they held your blog hostage?!

I've been holding out against giving them a phone number, too. Like you, I fail to see how granting them (and any potential hacker, if I'm not mistaken) an extra key bit of personal information makes me less secure, not more.

julie said...

...less secure, not more.

Scratch that; reverse it. What I get for trying to think when I should be sleeping...

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Me too, John! It was definitely a WTF moment.

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Hi Julie!

Aye, that they did. It's idiotic bureaucracy at it's worst.
I can't believe someone didn't mention it. Or maybe someone did and they were kept quiet.

However, as you can see, Google is messin' with the wrong people, LOL!